0845 838 8726
Hiring a live band – what is included?
Hiring live music from The Musicquarium couldn’t be easier. Our musicians have extensive performance experience of both public and private events and each live band performance is specifically tailored to accommodate the requirements of each event and its audience. All of our live bands have very large repertoires and can therefore be very flexible with their performance.
Live music booking – standard package
The following components will be included unless otherwise requested.
- Completely LIVE performance with no backing tracks
- 120 minutes of live music split into 2 or 3 sets
(2 x 60 or 3 x 40 minutes)
- Performance window of up to 5 hours
(For example, music played between 19:30 and 23:30)
- PA system & band stage lighting
(If required by the band; suitable for approximately 200 people)
- Background music played during intervals and before/after band if required
(Played via CD or MP3, within standard performance window)
- Requests taken from current repertoire list
(Including first/last dance if required)
- Full consultation service and entertainment contract giving complete piece of mind
Live music booking – extended package
Tailor your event to your exact specifications by adding one or many of the following options.
- Additional sets of live music – 3 x 50 mins, 3 x 60 mins etc
(Can be a mixture of jazz and party repertoire if required)
- Early set up and/or late finish of musicians or PA system
(Background/disco music can be played before or after the band if required)
- Dance floor disco lighting & smoke machine
- Additional PA equipment
(For larger venues, multiple locations etc)
- Separate self-contained DJ/disco
(Includes dance floor lighting if required. Song requests taken)
Additional sets of background music can be provided with any package option. Any line-up of jazz ensemble can be provided by using the ‘Urban Jazz Collective’ but you could also have one of our classical options such as a brass ensemble, trumpet fanfare, string quartet, woodwind ensemble or harpist.
Mix & Match
Repertoire For the main ‘party’ section of your event we can provide as many styles and groups as required. The most common choice is to have one set of swing or jazz followed by one or two sets of party music. We will advise you on the optimum line-up of musicians required to create your ideal repertoire mix.
All of our party bands can provide a short set of traditional Jewish repertoire, including Hatikva, in addition to their standard repertoire. This can be combined with one of our background music options (plus dancing music between courses if required) to create the perfect event package.